[To Current Pool Members]
As of today, March 25, the pool is open to current members! Thank you to the many members who worked hard to help get the pool ready on our workday this past Sunday. The pool looks so much cleaner and fresher with new paint inside and out, new plants, new light fixtures in the bathrooms, new mirrors, clean deck chairs, clean trash cans, raked out planter beds, staked up plants along fence line and a weeded front planter bed.
If you have not sent in your renewal forms and payments, please send the forms to PO Box 375, Goleta, CA 93117. Payment must be made by April 15, 2016 to continue your pool membership. After this date, your membership will be given to the next person on the waiting list. Make the payments to the Lake Los Carneros Club in the amount of $450.00. Please email us at email@example.com to arrange a key pick up over Spring Break.
We are committed to another great swim season! We appreciate everyone’s input on the surveys we collected during the key exchange. The biggest priority for members is remodeling both bathrooms. It will take all our efforts, time and talents to fundraise for new bathrooms and showers. We ask the entire membership to consider donating toward this cause or help us fundraise to achieve this goal. Thank you to the handful of members who gave above and beyond their dues this year already. Please know, we will not move ahead with this remodeling project or any other long term project until all the funds have been raised. We are hopeful our membership can make this happen.
Our annual meeting on Sunday was full of great discussions about fundraising ideas and member involvement without another assessment. We talked about monthly barbeques, pizza poolside, movie nights and much more. We are committed to keeping the lines of communication open. We feel compelled to forecast out needs for capital improvements and set goals to try and achieve them as a pool community.
A few reminders:
- Please rinse off before entering the pool. We have clean water – let’s keep it that way.
- Keep showers limited to 3 minutes.
- If you have long hair please wear it pulled back when in the water.
(The feedback from last season was there was way too much hair in the water. Wearing your hair in a ponytail is an easy and simple way to be courteous to all who are enjoying the pool. Maybe you can even buy extra hair bands and put them in your swim bag to pass along to others as needed.)
- If you have guests with babies or potty training children please advise them that they have to have a non-disposable swim diaper. Children in the pool with anything but a non-disposable diaper will be asked to get out of the water. Let’s all help one another with this as needed. If we have a contamination issue, the member responsible for the incident will cover the $350.00 cleaning cost.
- If you have friends with young children visit the pool, please be proactive and consider purchasing a non-disposable swim diaper to keep handy in your swim bag for your guests.
- The pool will be serviced twice a week, but it’s up to all of us to maintain a clean and safe environment in the water, on the pool deck, and in the bathrooms.
- Please only eat and drink in the designated areas at the picnic tables.
- Children 14 and younger need an adult present at the pool.
- Please remember we have an 8 guest maximum at a time. Please do not have large parties over this amount.
- No flotation devices in the pool when there are 5 or more people swimming.
If you have any additional thoughts or would like connect with us please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a great swim season!
Lake Los Carneros Swim Club Board