Projects and Donations
We need you!
The swim club depends heavily on the community for ongoing maintenance and special projects. Below are a number of existing and proposed projects as well as equipment, skills and resources needed. If you are able to contribute in any way, please reach out to the board.
Park / Recreation area
Reclaim the wooded area to the left of the driveway and create a space that can be used as a picnic and play area.
- Chainsaw loaner (contact Greg Lawler if you have a chainsaw to loan or would like to do some work yourself.)
- Clean up debris – feel free to stop by if you have time and move the pruned branches to a pile by the driveway.
- Fell dead trees and cut up into firewood rounds.
- Wood chipper
- Remove old volleyball net posts
- Split rail fence along the sidewalk to define the park area
- Prune trees to a height of approx 8 feet off the ground – see Stowe Grove Park as an example
- Clear / chip resulting debris
- Remove dead trees
- Remove Ice Plant (stretch goal)
Grass / Weed Mower:
- Gas powered mower that can handle thick grass and weeds
- Donate to the pool or make available to the board approx once a month.
Remodel both bathrooms and replace the tiling, fixtures, aging and rusted hardware and lighting.
- Someone familiar with permit requirements to advise the board.
- Donations of labor, supplies and / or money
- Used or cheap bathroom partition and other hardware